Breast Cancer/Breast lump

Question
Hi,I am a 46 year old woman who´s mother died at 55 of breast cancer.I have had a lump in my right breast for two years now,have had MRI scan,mammos,and ultrasounds,but this lump does not show up on any of them,even though the doctors can feel it.They say they cannot do a biopsy as they dont know quite where to aim for.It is quite deep within,though doesnt seem to be getting any bigger,but is tender when pressed.Do you think I need to be more insistant? I have been told to go back for another scan in 6 months.Thanks for your help,

Answer
If they can feel it I fail to see why not a needle biopsy (fine/thin needle aspiration biopsy) can be done guided by touch! Such biopsies are regularly done at M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas. So if done there (among other places) I do not understand why not also elsewhere. Such a biopsy can tell you and your doctors what this is. So I think you should insist on it! Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.