Breast Cancer/Pulmonary solitary Nodule in breast Cancer

Question
Hello
My mother (52 years old) was operated of a Breast Cancer on June 2012, stage I (negative axillary lymph nodes, 1 cm size). Hormone receptors (+). She received radiotherapy for 1 month, and now she is in treatment with tamoxifen. On October 2012, a lung CT showed a non specific 2 mm pulmonary nodule (she hasn`t previous CT exams). She is not smoker.
Question: What do you think is the probability that this nodule is a metastasis of the treated breast cancer?
Thank you very much
Andres

Answer
HOPEFULLY NOT. HER BREAST CANCER SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN FOUND EARLY SO PROBABLY IT HAS NOT SPREAD. AND MOST OF LUNG NODULES FOUND BY CT SCAN ARE NON CANCEROUS. BUT IT IS BEST TO CHECK IT AGAIN IN A FEW MONTHS OR SO AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY CHANGE. IT SEEMS TO BE A BIT SMALL FOR A BIOPSY.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.