You are here:

Breast Cancer/About the microcalcifications and breast cancer


I have three questions about the breast cancer but they are related. You may answer them as one answer.  The mammogram found microcalcifications in one side.  1) Do I need to undergo the biopsy or monitor it every 6 months? 2) If they are benign, should the microcalcifications be removed or left there, and 3) For the breast cancer, what type of the doctor is the best to visit, the general oncology, radiation oncology, surgical oncology or hematology and oncology? I see they all may have  clinic interest in the breast cancer/tumour. Thank you for your answer.

1. A biopsy is better since then you may not need to monitor it. 2. Nothing needs to be done with them if benign. 3. A general oncologist or a radiological oncologist (here in Sweden it is simpler since these 2 are one and the same, that is what I am) or a surgical oncologist. It is probably easiest to go to the surgeon but insist that the case should be taken care of as a team work of all these 3 specialists! Hematological oncology usually deals with leukemias & lymphomas not breast cancer.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Breast Cancer

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.


I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.


I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]