Breast Cancer/breast lump

Around four months ago, I noticed a lump that felt like a marble between the top part of the breast and clavicle.  I had an ultrasound, which showed the lump at the top of the implant,but could not tell me if the lump was from a rupture to the implant or part of the breast tissue.  I had a mammogram that showed dark areas in both sides and additional tests were requested.  I had an MRI done and they confirmed that it wasn't the implants and that they could not see anything of concern.  I was scheduled for a biopsy of the lump, however they cancelled the appointment & stated that because of the absence of imaging on the MRI, it was not needed.  The lump is very palpable and causes slight pain when touched and moved.  Should I demand a biopsy on the lump to confirm it is non-cancerous?  How can a MRI tell me if it is cancerous or not?  why can I feel it and the MRI did not pick it up when it is the size of a marble and can be felt by whoever touches it.  What should I do next?

I can noy explain why it can not be seen on your MRI scan. If I were you I would DEMAND a biopsy, easiest & simplest in the form of a fine/thin needle biopsy in order to KNOW what this is. If it can be felt as you describe it such a biopsy can be guided by touch. It can also be guided by ultrasound since you state that it could be seen there. Such a biopsy can also probably explain why MRI could not catch it. Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.