Breast Cancer/Mamograms

Question
Hello,
 I am 49 years old and I have very dense breasts, because of this I have had  3 biopsies. Thank goodness they all have come back fine. I just had ultrasounds done in December, which showed some cysts. I am suppose to have my annual mamogram done in April. Do I really need the mamogram if I just had ultrasounds done? Ultrasounds show more than mamograms right? So maybe wait for the mamogram? Thank you for your help?

Answer
Well, my recommendation in cases of dense breasts is that a combination of mammography, ultrasound breast scans and if possible MRI breast scans should be used in order to decrease the risk of missing anything as much as possible. So I give you the same advice.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.