Breast Cancer/breast lump

I am a 44 yr. old woman with three children. I discovered a small breast lump about the size of a pea behind my nipple. The lump is deep in the breast and is harder than the other breast tissue. But the lump feels smooth and it doesn't move. It's like its fixed in the breast. I have no nipple discharge. I am scheduled for a routine mammogram next week. I will mention the lump to them. Since the lump feels smooth should I be concerned? There is no pain in the lump at all. Thanks!

It is impossible to answer your question based just on your description. Since I can not - for obvious reasons - check you I strongly suggest that you let a doctor check you! Bring the result of your mammography to the doctor when you visit.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.