Breast Cancer/Breast pain

Hi this is Laila, 26, female. my height is 5'1 n weight 60 kg.My period date was 28th March, 2013. recently (about 4-5 days) i am feeling severe breast pain along with armpit. but this pain is not constant..when i touch them, i feel it. abdominal pain is also there (this is for period). i had never have that much breast pain before. when i touch them, Sometimes I feel like there is something inside. So i am really not sure is it lump or not. people told me it's very natural n I am feeling it severely due to my overweight.. so my question is, is it normal to have such pain before period or should i consult with a doctor or should i wait whether this pain goes away after period...??? please help me i am very worried.

It is anyway not uncommon and hardly abnormal. Breast checking - for lumps - should be done during a "quiet" time in between periods. I do suggest that you let a gynecologist check & advise you with regards to this problem. At your age breast cancer is quite uncommon but not unheard of. But your symptoms are not associated with breast cancer. Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.