Breast Cancer/nipple discharge

Question
sir my mother age is about 43 she has a problem of milkly disharge from nipple this discharge came when she press the breast  she has a histroy of high prolactin level this discharge also came 4 month ago then she went to doctor he suggest medicine for high prolactin because MRI of brain was normal after taking medicine there was no such discharge from breast now she have same problem
4 month ago her prolactin level was 368.7 ug/l now it was 38ug/l
what is the cause of it

Answer
Breast discharge of this type (no blood in it) is associated with breast cancer only very rarely. If her doctor could not find any signs of any breast cancer she is most unlikely to be at risk. There are many possible causes for this. One common cause is papillomas (warts) in the milk ducts.
This is not an uncommon symptom.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.