Breast Cancer/Arimidex and Oopherectomy

Hello, could you please tell me whether or not it is mandatory for gynecologists who deal with breast cancer to be educated in the side effects and risks of medications such as Arimidex and bilateral oopherectomy/hysterectomy, and should they tell their patients the risks and side effects of both?. Should theyinvestigate and test for any side effects such as bone pain and treat accordingly with medications such as bisphosphanates, and/or inform the patient of anything else that could help them before their problem becomes severe? I am quite concerned as during my time with my gynecologist and under her care, I have a T score of ^T-3.5 after arimidex and oopherectomy  Thank you.

I'm a Swede living in Sweden. I'm also educated and trained in Sweden. So I have to answer from a Swedish perspective that may or may not be valid to you. My answer to all your questions have to be yes. My only advice to you is to seek a second opinion from another doctor who can check you - which for obvious reasons I can not do.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.