Breast Cancer/lump in breast

hello! a  little background. I  am 28  with 2  children. I  have recently lost 45-50  lbs. I  have had to have pre cancer cells removed from my cervix.  my maternal grandfather died of sinus cancer.
so last month my husband  found a  lump in my right breast 2  days before my period.  it was a  Saturday so I  had to wait until Monday to call my doctor.  by Monday the lump was gone.  my breast  was sore in that spot.  well now the lump and pain is back. I  am 15  days away from my period. I  have an appointment with my gyn  in 6  weeks.  if it is just a  cyst I'm not worried I'll just have it  looked at them.  if there is a  chance it is more I  will call for an earlier appointment.

If it is coming and going in synch with your periods it is probably a cyst. Try to make an appointment when it is most probable that it is there. Mammography, ultrasound breast scans and MRI breast scans should be able to clarify if there is anything dangerous there. Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.