Breast Cancer/What would be the better test?

For the past month or so, I have been experiencing rib and back pains. I am 10 years out from a diagnosis of stage 3 breast cancer. I cannot see my oncologist for 6 more weeks and she will not order any scans without first examining me. I will see my family doctor next week. He usually asks my opinion of what sort of tests I think I need. In your opinion, what would be the best test for detecting bone metastasis, bone scan or thoracic MRI? Would MRI be as good as detecting bone masses, as well as other problems in the chest, should they exist? Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I am 60 years old.

Honestly I think you should have both. Maybe old fashioned x-rays too to support the MRI. Isotope bone scans are essential in finding any bone activity that should not be there. Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.