Breast Cancer/Eczema or Pagets?

Hello, I am a 17 Year Old Male. For the past 4-5 Months one of my nipples has been itchy, flaking, occasionally bleeding (I believe from scratching), became larger (twice the size of the other), and is thicker. I suffer from eczema (cheeks), so when I showed my family doc and he said it could be that, and that he isnt concerned because there were no bumps, and gave me some hydrocortosone. Long story short its been a month or so and I have lost a lot of the urge to itch the nipple, but its still twice the size, thick, and occasionally peels/half turns dark red around certain spots. I read that the chances of Pagets are basically 0 in my age, but all of these signs are puzzling. Any ideas, or is it just eczema? Thanks!

Yes I think it is very probable that it is eczema. As you yourself observe at your age the risk of anything malignant there is practically zero. To that we have to add the fact that you are male. That makes any breast related malignancy even far more improbable. So your risk of a malignancy there is indeed truly microscopic! However since this still gives you trouble and worries I do suggest that you let a dermatologist (skin doctor) check you! Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.