Breast Cancer/left sided pains

for a few weeks now (have this off and on a year) I have a pain deep in my left armpit that is also felt near the left boob, on the bra fat and around to my spine and as far down as my waistline...feels like a rob...xrays say no..chest xray ok...when I use the arm it worsens(shoulder also) and I am 54 and diabetic...I am scared reading about cancer symptoms...all the mentioned areas also hurt to touch...taking Narosyn...any ideas? Also tennis elbow in that same arm and bursitis...some times it feels like a rush of warness quickly coming and going...cook to touch...shungles blood test negative for currently having shingles..the area sometimes burns...I have many neck and back issues requiring disability C 4,5,6,7, spurs, stenosis, spondylolistheses, DDD, etc

Cancer rarely signals its arrival by pain and since you have felt these problems for around a year now and no other tumor signs seem to have appeared I do doubt that your problems have anything to do with cancer. From your description it is far more likely that they are associated with wear and tear in your shoulders, neck and back. And since you seem to have a multitude of problems in those areas it is most likely that there is such a connection.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.