Breast Cancer/Ultra sound report

Question
I am 39 years old I felt a lump last year in my left breast and had a mammogram and US. It came back birads 3 but the dr opted to have a biopsy done. It came back fibroadenoma. I have been going back for short term follow up also. It has been almost a year and I went in for another mammo and us. This time mammo read birads 0 and us said birads 4 isoechoic taller than wide irregulary marginated mass measuring 9.2x7.8x6.6 mm mass. I just had an us done 6 months ago that this was not seen on. How worried should I be? Thank you

Answer
In this uncertain situation my advice must be that your lesion should be surgically completely removed and checked by a pathologist so that we will know for sure what we are dealing with. Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.