Breast Cancer/Radiation

Question
QUESTION: Thank you again for your response to my 8/1 question.  You told me my breast cancer was Stage 1a and radiation should be enough if I did not test positive for Estrogen, Progesterone and HER2...I was negative for all 3 (rec'd the HER2 later as you implied).  My question now is - I have seen the Radiologist and he says I can do the 4 week higher dosage radiation or 6 week radiation (up to me who knows nothing).  In your professional opinion, which do you think would be better..I am a Type II diabetic and take meds for high blood pressure.

Thank you again.

ANSWER: Well this is more a matter of taste than of science. But let me put it this way. If this was a case where my wife would have this treatment I would probably - unless she was very inconvenienced by the trips back and forth for treatment - recommend her to take the slower longer treatment of  6 weeks. And I would do that in spite of the fact that I myself underwent 6 weeks of external radiation (& 2 sessions of intense internal Bucky radiation) more than 5 years ago for my prostate cancer (no surgery at all only radiation, my own choice - it seems to have worked well). To go back and forth for 6 weeks is not fun but it is a well known path! Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

QUESTION: Dear Dr. Nordquist:  I am in the United States.  I clicked on DONATE but it was in another language.  How do I make a US donation to you?

Answer
Well for obvious reasons I have not sent money to myself here. So I have no direct experience to fall back to. But the donation mechanism uses PayPal  so you you may have ended up on PayPal's page in Swedish though I can not understand why since AllExperts.com is an American company and actually a subsidiary of New York Times if I have understood everything correctly. If that is correct there should be a button on the page to make it turn to English. Use that. Or if nothing helps AllExperts has on its question page a link to technical support. I think you should be able to get help there. Good luck! Thanks!

Dear Judy, I was intrigued by the problem you presented to me regarding payments and contacted AllExperts.com. They answered that the problem must be with PayPal. I have contacted PayPal and asked them to correct the problem. We will see what happens! Thank you for making me aware of the problem!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.