Breast Cancer/Breast Cancer and Root Canals

Hello Dr Nordquist,
I was diagnosed with breast cancer a little over three years ago.  I have been through treatment and am now very healthy! I feel very good and very blessed. I have recently heard of connections being made between root canals and breast cancer. Do you have any knowledge of this?  I just had my first root canal about a month ago and am now very concerned about having done this. I am trying to do everything I possibly can to stay healthy, and thought getting a root canal was a good thing to do for a bad tooth. Now I am not so sure. Can you enlighten me?
Thank you

I am NOT aware of any such connection! And I am very sure that if such a connection really had been found I would be aware of it! There is a LOT of valuable stuff on the internet but unfortunately there is a lot of garbage there too! This so called connection seems to belong to the second category! If in your situation I would just take care of my teeth without hesitation! Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.