Breast Cancer/Breast cyst

Question
Hello. I am 34 with three children. My maternal grandmother had breast cancer in her late 70's. In June 2015 I asked for a breast ultrasound because I felt some soreness in my right breast. I had an ultrasound and it was normal. In august I felt a small hard lump in my lower right breast. Had an ultrasound and they found a small simple tumour at 7:00. No follow up was recommended.  The cyst gets very sore around and during my period and then resolves. However I am also feeling pain like a burning feeling in the right breast from time to time. Do u think I should have this looked at again or leave it alone?  Thanks you.

Answer
It sounds mostly as a fibrocystic condition. However to be sure I do suggest not only ultrasound scans but also MRI breast scans and a fine/thin needle aspiration biopsy of the lesion seen - if available where you are or within reach. Can be done with ultrasound guidance.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.