Breast Cancer/Dark spot on breast

picture of the spot
picture of the spot  
I have noticed a dark spot on my left breast. I noticed it just over a week ago and it appeared suddenly. At first I thought it was a pimple because there is a hair follicle in the middle, but it seems too dark to be a pimple and is not weeping. It is 1cm squared with no defined edge and is perfectly circular, it is raised and red/infected-looking but I have been using antibiotic cream on it with no difference. It feels hard to the touch if I lightly press it but I am not sure if this is swelling due to immune response. The follicle itself looks almost black it is so dark and has swollen to about 2mm. It does not hurt much but there is a mild itch. I cannot seem to find any similar examples online and am not sure if I should be worried and if I need to see a doctor.

It may well be a local infection/inflammation but I can not be sure! So I do suggest that you let a doctor - preferably a well,experienced breast surgeon or an oncologist - check you soonest. Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.