Breast Cancer/Breast mass mammogram result

Question
My mamogram shows no suspicious lesions calcifications asymmetry or architectural distortion but 4 mm mass retroaerolar region partially obscured. I am very worried.what is the likelihood that I have cancer

Answer
Impossible to answer without much more information. Such information can be gathered in the following ways. Your mammography pictures can be complemented by ultrasound breast scans and - even more important - by MRI breast scans. AND a needle biopsy of the mass, either guided stereotactically by your mammograms or by ultrasound, can tell us precisely what it is! That can be done either by a histopathology biopsy by using a medium or wide gauge needle or by cytology by using a fine/thin needle aspiration biopsy. These 2 methods can also be combined. That way we would KNOW what it is. The risk of cancer is probably not big but it is better to KNOW than to assume or to guess! Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.