Breast Cancer/Swallowed a double temporary crown

Question
Hi Dr.

Thank you for giving me opportunity to ask a health question.

I live in New York where health care should be its best.

I have a dilemma. 7 months ago I had swallowed a double temporary crown that was made of acrylic.  I have had a pain on my ride side that is dull. In May I had a CT scan done with a drink contrast as I am allergic to ct scan dye.
They did not see anything BUT yielded to tell me that plastic/ acrylic is " radioluscent" and MAY not be seen.

Two gastro Drs did not agree. One thought to do a canera pill
Endoscopy but the other said it can miss a foreign object. I did it and was told that nothing was seen.

I still have this dull pain that has not gone away.

The GI dr seems to think it would/ should have passed.

The double temporary crown was 1 inch long and half inch wide and lightweight.

Can you please advice me:

What test could visualize a radioluscent object in the intestinal tract?

There must be a way to see if it's stuck.
I can't thank you enough!
Angel

Answer
Sorry Angel, this is a question for a diagnostic radiologist. I am a radiation therapist so it is clearly outside my area of expertise here.  However if a colonoscopy did not show anything and you still want to proceed I think the swallowed camera should be s good idea. But probably it has made its exit the normal way and that is why it can not be found.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.