Breast Cancer/Cough

I know this is not about Cancer but I hop you can give some help because you are a Doctor.

A fue Years ago my Mom was told she has Pulmonary Hypertension and she is on something for it and is doing very very well now.

My Mom is now 68 Years Old and I am 43 Years Old.

When I was around 5 or 6 Years Old I remember my Mom always having these Big Long Coughing spells.

And when I was around 20 Years Old my Mom still had these Big Long Coughing spells.

Let me tell you what they are.

When my Mom would start to Cough it would be very very very Loud and Hard.

She would do mabe 3 Hard Coughs then stop for about 5 Sec. then start couing again and stop for 5 Sec.

And this would go on for I would say Hours.

As you can see this would make everybody start Fighting with her and she would never want help.

Well since I was 6 up till now and I am 43 my Mom may go maybe 4 Days then have her spells.

And when I was 20 something she would be ok at work till she came home around 5pm and start her Couughing.

And even if she stops for 30 Min. you know she would pick it up right away.

Now it is not that bad but she still has them.

What I want to know is can Very Strong Long Coughing make her get Pulmonary Hypertension?

I know this is not a Cancer Q/A so I want to thank you for all the Time you took just to Read this e mail and give me your time.

Sorry, I am here ONLY as a cancer doctor! That is what I am contracted here to be! So I must suggest that you direct this question to a heart doctor (cardiologist) or a lung doctor here as your question is outside my area of expertise here! Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved.

Breast Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience in diagnostics and treatment of breast tumours.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps.You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions about Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy.