Breastfeeding/Discolored colostrum or discharge?

Question
I am currently 28 weeks pregnant and I've noticed my breasts are very firm in the morn and when I press a small bit of colostrum (?) Will come out. Or I assumed it was colostrum. I was concerned because of the color of the fluid, sometimes its very white, or clear but sometimes it looks brownish or yellowish. Its not oozing and my breasts and nipples do not hurt so I was not overly worried. I smelled the fluid to see if it was infection, just for peace of mind. It has no odor and from what I remember from my first pregnancy the consistency is normal.
I was only worried because I had a staph infection about a month ago and was on antibiotics for 10 days. I feel fine though and the infection was on my face so nowhere near my breasts.
Oh, the discoloration happens in both breasts. Thanks for your help!

Answer
Dear Andrea,

It's very common and normal for colostrum to come in several colors (not quite like Baskin-Robbins 31 Flavors), so white, clear, brownish or yellowish are all normal and nothing to worry about.

Good luck on your pregnancy!

Best regards,

Sally
--------------------------------
Sally Wendkos Olds
Author, THE COMPLETE BOOK OF BREASTFEEDING: Olds & Marks, 4th edition, September 2010, published by Workman Publishing, and available in most public libraries, bookstores & La Leche League chapters.  

Breastfeeding

Sally Wendkos Olds