Breastfeeding/Breastfeeding and vitamins

Question
I breastfeed my 17 month old still. I would like to take Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 as I have problems with anxiety, slight depression and I am tired all the time. I was prescribed D while pregnant and now I began taking 800 IU a day. The only B12 I can find is 1000 mcg and I see that it's recommended you should only take 2.8 mcg. How would I ration that out and lower the dosage?

Answer
Hi there,

Thanks for your question.

I believe that whilst breastfeeding you should not take any supplements.

However, for feeling tired and mild depression you should try something rather like Jungle Juice.  Blackthorn Berry Elixir, Rehydrate and Rescue Drops.  If you would like the recipe I will send it to you, you can also google it.  The BBE is wonderful stuff and is safe for breastfeeding.

If you really feel you need the supplements after trying the jungle juice, then you should speak to your doctor and let him advise the correct combination and amount.

I hope this has helped.

Breastfeeding

Mary van Ede