Breastfeeding/can i leave my breastfeed baby overnight?

Question
Dear Ms. Mary,

My toddler is still breastfeeding and now he is 16 month. I just started working and my company wanted to send me for a business trip.  My toddler will usually take feeding cup during the day when i was at work. But every night, i will breastfeeding him to sleep. My question is, is it okay to leave him overnight without breastfeeding him to sleep?will it affect his emotions or will he feel neglected?
really need your advice.

Thank you.

Regards.

Answer
Hi there,

Thank you for your message.

I personally don't think it will be a train smash if you are away one night.  The biggest downfall with many (I have done it myself) is to become a dummy for your child.

Granted there is comfort from nursing, for both the mother and child, however it really is a fine line between comfort and dummy.

This might be a good thing if you go away so that your child can learn a bit a separation as well.

Blessing and good luck.

Breastfeeding

Mary van Ede