Breeding and Showing Cats/Colour possibilities

I am looking at starting a Balinese Cattery but I don't fully understand the colour inheritance. The 4 colour points are the same as Siamese. I don't know how a seal point can carry all 4 colours. Can you help me.

Thank you for your time.

Keep the link to this chart handy.  It gives you the color predictions for all pointed colors.  I have used it for years.  The cats don't really carry "colors", they carry the dilute version of the gene for seal (blue), or the dilute version of the gene for chocolate (lilac).  I think you will find this link very easy to understand and you can use it for years!  

Breeding and Showing Cats

Lori McLaughlin

I can answer the majority of questions pertaining to cattery management; breeding programs, grooming and showing longhaired cats. I am also familiar with the majority of recognized breeds.

I have been breeding and showing ragdoll cats since 1993. I am also currently on the Ragdoll Breed Committee for TICA, as well as a past chair..

RFCI (Ragdoll Fanciers Club International) - Treasurer TICA - Ragdoll Breed Chair CFA - Registered Cattery ACFA - Registered Cattery

Associate Degree in Computer Science, Many educational seminars on HCM, FIP and other diseases in catteries.

Several Grand champion cats over the years.