Breeding and Showing Cats/Colour possibilities

Question
I am looking at starting a Balinese Cattery but I don't fully understand the colour inheritance. The 4 colour points are the same as Siamese. I don't know how a seal point can carry all 4 colours. Can you help me.

Thank you for your time.
Linda

Answer
Keep the link to this chart handy.  It gives you the color predictions for all pointed colors.  I have used it for years.  The cats don't really carry "colors", they carry the dilute version of the gene for seal (blue), or the dilute version of the gene for chocolate (lilac).  I think you will find this link very easy to understand and you can use it for years!

www.rfci.org/genetics/color_chart.php  

Breeding and Showing Cats

Lori McLaughlin