Breeding and Showing Cats/cross

Question
If peke Persian male cat is crossed with an extreme punch queens. what face kittens would be born? can peke face be born or just punch face?

Answer
Hi Nashima
Unfortunately skeletal structures like the shape of a face are NOT single dominant or recessive aspects of breeding. It is not like breeding black with white and you could get black, blackand white and white.
The struture of the skull is a complex map of genes and it is impossible to determine the shape of a skull from this type of mating. In my opinion you may well finish up with skulls that are not punched but do have some length to the muzzle and a clear break from eyeline to septum.

Kind Regards

Chip

Breeding and Showing Cats

Charles (Chip) Norris