Breeding and Showing Cats/cross

If peke Persian male cat is crossed with an extreme punch queens. what face kittens would be born? can peke face be born or just punch face?

Hi Nashima
Unfortunately skeletal structures like the shape of a face are NOT single dominant or recessive aspects of breeding. It is not like breeding black with white and you could get black, blackand white and white.
The struture of the skull is a complex map of genes and it is impossible to determine the shape of a skull from this type of mating. In my opinion you may well finish up with skulls that are not punched but do have some length to the muzzle and a clear break from eyeline to septum.

Kind Regards

Breeding and Showing Cats

Charles (Chip) Norris

I have over 20 years experience in virology and immunology. I can answer questions on general health, mating and diseases within the feline world.

I have written over 20 articles and carried out 10 major presentations on immunology and virology in companion animals. I have also peer reviewed over 100 separate articles in a variety of journals and publications in Europe, the USA and Australia.

Journal of Virology, Journal of Immunology. Companion animals health

BSc MSc in Chemistry and Biology. PhD inMicrobiology. Certificate in veterinary medicine