Breeding and Showing Cats/Tortoiseshell/Calico

I'm looking into getting a new kitten. Are there any medical conditions associated with male tortoiseshells/calicoes? I know it can cause conflicts in humans but cats react to genetics differently. I would expect sterility, but is there anything negative to anticipate or watch for?

Do you have a male Torti or Calico?????  In all my years of breeding I have not seen even one.
I would first make sure the kitten is sexed properly.
Males are sterile but there are often other internal finding an ovary or uterus..
so a vet who knows genetics is essential  ...they may wish to do an exploratory when the kitten has the testicles removed...which it should even if it is sterile

Breeding and Showing Cats

Kathleen Hoos

I can help with breeding cats, raising kittens, cattery management,showing cats.

I have been a cat breeder for 18 years. I am a registered nurse, and taught pharmacology. I show cats in CFA. I have maintained a cattery of excellence and raise healthy well socialized kittens.

CFA, International Havana Brown Society National Siamese Cat Club

CAT Talk

Diploma in nursing, BS in Psychology MS in Psychology.