Breeding and Showing Cats/need help regarding my female persian cat

I have female persian cat which is 3.5 yr old,i have 1 kitten also .2days back i bought 1 male persian cat which is 1.5 yr old,whenever she sees this male cat she becomes aggressive and fights with other kittens at home ,she does ths only when she sees him or when she gets males smell,i dont know whats to do,i need help?

Dear Syeda

Unless your female is in season you would need to introduce your male adult to the household very carefully.  2 days is not sufficient and she will need much longer to get used to having the smell of a strange adult in the house.  I suggest you perhaps supervise an times when she is near where she can smell him and keep your other kitten well away until your older female has relaxed more.  Give them time away from the boy to make sure the friendship continues.

This will take time and you just cannot rush it.  Try to get some Feliway plugins to help - I'm sure you can source this in your own country.

Breeding and Showing Cats

Marcia Owen

I can give answers on cat breeding and showing having 'served' over 30 years in this particular field. I head up a Yahoo Group and also a cat club (NBA Cat Club) devoted to educating novices in the correct way to breed, and also show with both GCCF and TICA on a regular basis, and am well versed with the show world, having been involved in the management of the major GCCF Supreme Show in the UK for over 25 years. Genetics however is not my strong point.

30 years of continuous cat breeding and showing with two major organisations.

GCCF (UK) TICA Various UK cat clubs

Our Cats, Cat World, Club magazines

Normal middle school education, and college. Best education credentials I have are raw experience of 30 years