Breeding and Showing Cats/first time pregnat cat

Question
Is dry nipples a sign that she is getting ready to gve birth

Answer
Hello Heidi

I wouldn't say its necessarily a sign they are about to have their kittens.

The Mum may do a lot of nesting in the last few days approaching the birth and then get very clingy with you as she may want you with her for the event.  There may be some discharge up to 24/48 hours before the birth so watch out for that.

The only indication you may get from the nipples is that you should feel the milk glands filling in readiness and if you give the nipples a gentle squeeze you may see some milk.

I hope all goes well.

Marcia.

Breeding and Showing Cats

Marcia Owen