Breeding and Showing Cats/Cat not getting pregnant

Hi Kathleen,

I have a 1 1/2 year old Siamese kitty that I am trying to breed with my Siamese stud cat. The stud is proven, but my female has never had kittens. She has been in heat several times and I have had her in with him a total of four times. She seems to like him, they sniff each other, and my stud cat is clearly interested. However if he tries to breed her, she hisses, growls and claws at him.

Her last heat lasted 3 weeks which seems quite long. I am wondering if she possibly has a hormonal imbalance. If she did, is there any way to correct that? I am just trying to find answers on why she is not allowing herself to be bred.

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure what you mean by IN WITH HER

you need to leave her in the cage with him for several takes first time queens a while to get settled down
If you did that when she is clearly in heat    treading and calling
then she may not be receptive to him
hormonal imbalances would not make her do that..she would not come into heat, or would be bred and not get pregnant.

she is just not letting him mate her

so more time together only when in heat...and leave her in with him
allow them to mate several times over at least 2 days  if she does let him

Breeding and Showing Cats

Kathleen Hoos

I can help with breeding cats, raising kittens, cattery management,showing cats.

I have been a cat breeder for 18 years. I am a registered nurse, and taught pharmacology. I show cats in CFA. I have maintained a cattery of excellence and raise healthy well socialized kittens.

CFA, International Havana Brown Society National Siamese Cat Club

CAT Talk

Diploma in nursing, BS in Psychology MS in Psychology.