Bridge & other card games/Looking back at tricks

How many tricks are you allowed to look back on? And who can look at the played tricks?

Basically none.

Both the declarer and the defenders may look at the current trick up until the point that their side has played to the next trick. After that point they can no longer view this trick. At no time can they look back at any previous tricks until the play of the hand is over.

The only rare exception to this is if a player discovers before the play of the hand is over that he either has the wrong number of cards in his hand...too many or too few. In that case you need to see if any of the previous tricks contains the missing or the surplus card.  

Bridge & other card games

I can answer questions on bidding and on cardplay with the caveat that the former may necessarily involve some subjectivity. I have been playing tournament bridge for over 20 years and I have won several regional tournaments.