Bridge & other card games/Bidding question

Question
My right hand opponent opened 1 C, I with 14 pnts and 5 spades, bid 5 spades. Left hand opponent bid 1NT and it was passed out.
After the hand I saw that my partner had 3 spades and 6 pnts. Should she have bid 2 S?
Thx

Answer

Although I would probably bid 2S with the hand non vulnerable I would be very wary about doing it vulnerable unless the hand either included a singleton somewhere or else the ace or kimg of spades.

An overcall at the one level can be made with a weaker hand than what is required for an opening bid. Therefore, a hand which would be good enough to make a minimum response to an opening bid should think twice when partner makes an overcall. With only 6 points it would help to have a fourth trump or else a singleton. Also, since partner is more likely to lead the suit on opening lead if you bid 2S, a spade honor would be helpful. However, with a flat 6 point hand and three low spades it is not unreasonable to pass.  

Bridge & other card games

Unhunk