Bridge & other card games/Defenders holding honors

Question
After reading the answer regarding declaring honors I assume the defender can claim honors for points.  Is this true?  This subject came up today at our bridge club.  I stated as a defender that we had honors in the declarers suite and they denied us the points.  Help.

Answer

To repeat the answer given a while back

Honors can be claimed wherever they are located so long as they are all in one hand.

For holding four of the five trump honors
(A, K, Q, J, 10) in one hand ........................................ 100

For holding all five trump honors
(A, K, Q, J, 10) in one hand ........................................ 150

For holding all four aces in one hand
at a notrump contract................................................. 150

So Declarer can claim honors whether he or dummy holds the honors. Similarly, either defender can claim honors if one defender is lucky enough to hold them.

Whoever denied you the honors bonus on the grounds that you were a defender is definitely wrong.  

Bridge & other card games

Unhunk