Bridge & other card games/Scoring issue

At the end of three games where game one was won by couple 1 ,game two was won by couple 2, game three was won by couple one- couple one wins 500 points. Does couple two win 300 points or do they win nothing for not winning the rubber?

If you win two games but the opponents have won one game along the way, you get a 500 point rubber bonus added to your score. If you win two games but the opponents have NOT won any games, you get a 700 point bonus added to your score. The losing pair does not win 300 points even if they win one game along the way. That fact is recognized by giving the winning pair only 500 instead of 700.

The 300 points only comes into play if a pair wins a game (either or both pairs) and the rubber is not completed.

Bridge & other card games

I can answer questions on bidding and on cardplay with the caveat that the former may necessarily involve some subjectivity. I have been playing tournament bridge for over 20 years and I have won several regional tournaments.