Bridge & other card games/Revoke

Question
When a revoke is discovered do you replace the revoke card with the correct card even if it was 2-3 trick back?  Or do you continue with the cards played.  And what is the penalty for the revoke

Answer

A revoke becomes established when the offender or his partner leads or plays (whether legally or illegally) to the following trick. The revoke may then no longer be corrected and the trick on which the revoke occurred stands as played.

When a revoke has become established the rule is a bit complicated,

(a) if the offending player won the trick on which the revoke occurred, then the penalty is that trick and one of any subsequent tricks won by the offending side are transferred to the non-offending side (if no subsequent trick was won by the offending side, only the revoke trick is transferred).

(b) if the offender's partner won the trick on which the revoke occurred, then that trick is transferred to the non-offending side and if the offending player himself won a subsequent trick with a card that could legally have been played to the revoke trick one additional trick (but no more) is transferred to the non-offending side.

(c) if the non-offending side won the trick on which the revoke occurred, and if the offending side won any trick after the revoke,

(i)  
the first such trick is transferred to the non-offending side, and

(ii)  
if the offending side won two or more tricks after the revoke, any of which was won by the offending player with a card he could legally have played to the revoke trick, an additional trick is transferred to the non-offending side.

(d) there is no trick penalty for the established revoke if the offending side did not win either the trick on which the revoke occurred or any subsequent trick.  

Bridge & other card games

Unhunk