Bridge & other card games/Bridge misdeal

Question
I discovered a 14th card in my hand after the play of the hand had finished.  I was the declarer.  Is there a redeal, or does the outcome of the play stand?

Thanks,

Sue

Answer

If you discovered the surplus card after the play has ended then there is no redeal and the deal stands as played.

You should determine where the card came from and whether the other players all had the correct number of cards.

If you picked up a surplus card from a previous trick, or from dummy's hand, or from the other pack, or elsewhere then there is no penalty. However, if you have the extra card because you omitted to play to a previous trick then penalties may apply.

Bridge & other card games

Unhunk