Bridge & other card games/Bridge

Question
You answered my question of Oct. 2nd regarding the proper leads in Bridge; however, you did not answer my questions as to what is the order of precedence in leading; i.e., if you had an Ace and King of one suit and a Jack and Ten of another suit, which do you choose?  You might also have a suit of K, J, 7, 3, and 2.

The other question was the value put on your voids, singletons and doubletons when deciding to acccept suit bid by opening partner.  Is it 5 for voids, 3 for singletons and 1 for doubletons.  Also, in the case of a response to an opening 1 NT bid from opening partner and respondent having 8 points with a 5-card run of a suit and 2 honours, I would add 1 point, 2 points for 6-card run and 2 honours.  Do you agree?  I don't think there are 3 additional points for anything.

Answer
Question:

You answered my question of Oct. 2nd regarding the proper leads in Bridge;
however, you did not answer my questions as to what is the order of precedence
in leading; i.e., if you had an Ace and King of one suit and a Jack and Ten of
another suit, which do you choose?  You might also have a suit of K, J, 7, 3,
and 2.

First - You did not specify if you were leading against a suit contract or a NT contract.
I assume you meant defensive leads against a suit contract.  I like the lead of the K  (from AK), and then a shift to the J (from J 10), keeping the A of the original A K suit as an entry if the other lead turns out to be effective.  There is a lot of speculation here. Also, some pairs perfer the lead of the A (if the A K of that suit is a doubleton) As for the other example (K J 7 3 and 2), this suit is to be avoided, as the underlead of the K is very bad.

The other question was the value put on your voids, singletons and doubletons
when deciding to acccept suit bid by opening partner.  Is it 5 for voids, 3 for
singletons and 1 for doubletons.  Also, in the case of a response to an opening
1 NT bid from opening partner and respondent having 8 points with a 5-card run
of a suit and 2 honours, I would add 1 point, 2 points for 6-card run and 2
honours.  Do you agree?  I don't think there are 3 additional points for anything.

Most pairs prefer 3 for voids, 2 for singletons, and 1 for doubletons. The  other system
(5, 3, 2) is reasonable.  As for the other part of your question, is the 5 card suit as major suit?  Finally, a six card suit (if it is a major ) changes the dynamic here.

I hope this helps....

anything.

Bridge & other card games

Joe Andrews