Bridge & other card games/transfers

When your partner opens 1NT and you have 5 in a major and bid the suit below that suit, opener makes the transfer.  Who alerts that it is a transfer?  The opener or the responder?  I play on line all the time and I can't remember who is responsible.  I looked for the answer in the rule book but could not find it.

When opener bids 1NT and you bid, for example, 2 diamonds as a transfer to hearts, then it is the opening 1NT bidder to say "transfer". The person who bid 2D should not say anything at all since you are not allowed to "wake partner up" if he has forgotten that 2D is a transfer bid.  

Bridge & other card games

I can answer questions on bidding and on cardplay with the caveat that the former may necessarily involve some subjectivity. I have been playing tournament bridge for over 20 years and I have won several regional tournaments.