Bridge & other card games/"modern?" weak twos

Hi We had a talk where this version of Weak twos was discussed
2D - 6 Hearts or Spades. "2H reply is pass or correct"
2H - Hearts and spades    2S to play 2NT enquiry
2S spades and a minor 5/4 2Nt reply is enquiry.
there are other replies for all bids showing various other options.
we've tried this and I think it doesn't come up that often for the memory load.
I've also read about a version that goes:
2D 5+ Hearts or Spades 3-7 HCP  enquiry is 2NT opener shows shortage or bids úsuit or 3NT
2H/2S 6 card suit 8-11 HCP same enquiry and response lines.
This seems simpler with less memory load.

Have you played/experienced/commented on these and what would your view be on which might the "easier/more frequent" to play ?

Thanks Mike

The first system is a variation of the Multi 2D convention popular in Europe. It is fairly complex with advantages and drawbacks. See...

The second method is basically conventional constructive weak 2 bids with the 2D bid defined as showing weaker versions. This allows you to better define your weak 2 bids at the cost of giving up the 2D bid as weak or Flannery.

The first system (Multi) is useful and occurs somewhat regularly as it encompasses all weak 2H and 2S hands as well as others. Advantages and disadvantages are described in the above article. However, it does involve a serious commitment to learn and remember. No convention is worthwhile if it strains your memory resources and leads to potential disasters as a result.  

Bridge & other card games

I can answer questions on bidding and on cardplay with the caveat that the former may necessarily involve some subjectivity. I have been playing tournament bridge for over 20 years and I have won several regional tournaments.