Bridge & other card games/Bid ??

My hand:

K 10 X X X X
K Q J x
Q J x

Bidding is  1D  pass  1S  pass 2NT  pass  ??

I ended up bidding 5S and my partner passed with A Q J of spades.
making 6.

Any ideas on better ways to bid this to explore for  slam possibilities??

Thank You

Most people play that after 2NT a 3S bid would be forcing, so you could just bid 3S. If partner then bids 4S, I would make a slam try by cue bidding 5C. If partner bids 3NT instead, I would sign off in 4S.

Another option, which in my opinion is superior, is if you play new minor artificial and forcing, to bid 3C (artificial) asking partner to show either 3 card spade support first and without that, a 4 card heart suit. If he has neither he can bid 3D here to show a good 5 card diamond suit. This way you get all three suits into play. If he has none of those he will bid 3NT and you can just sign off in 4S.

If you do not play or were not sure that 3S would be forcing and do not play New Minor Artificial and Forcing then it is more difficult. In that case, 5S certainly is an imaginative bid and partner should certainly have bid 6S.

Bridge & other card games

I can answer questions on bidding and on cardplay with the caveat that the former may necessarily involve some subjectivity. I have been playing tournament bridge for over 20 years and I have won several regional tournaments.