Bridge & other card games/double of 1 nt weak

y partner opens 1 nt {weak)next in hand doubles  i only have 4 points  but no 5 card suit  so i leave the double in ,is this correct as my partner said i should have taken the double out .i did nt agree with her but she was adament she was correct?,

Topic -

Response to partner's weak 1 NT opening. (with interceding double)

It is best for you and your partner to discuss your bidding system before this scenario occurs.

However, in this case, you are right.  Remember, your partner is bidding a weak NT, and
the opponents are likely to hold more than than half of the HCP.

If you step in with a bid, you are implying that you have some strength, and this could lead
to a disastrous result!

Yes, the double could "ride" around to your partner, after two passes. She will then be on the spot, and may have a tough time making her 1 NT bid.  Then again, the ops are probably missing out on an excellent score. Vulnerability is also a factor.

This is a classic example of waiting to see what happens, and then plunging into the world of hindsight analysis.

In the old days, we heard the term "Results Merchants"!

Bridge & other card games

Joe Andrews

I can answer questions about most card games . These games include Bridge, Hearts, Spades, Euchre, Canasta, Whist, Pinochle, Cribbage, and Rummy.

I was the organizer director of Grand Prix World Series of Card games. (1999 - 2011) I have written 5 books about card games. (Spades, Hearts, Euchre, Whist, and Barbu. ) I invented a new card game called "Heartswitch" (US Games, Inc.) I am developing four more card games. I am also a consultant for the US Playing Card Company. My Web site is:

GAMES Magazine (8 Artciles) , Microsoft Gaming Zone, Popular Bridge

I have a Bachelor's Degree in History.

US Playing Card Company