Bridge & other card games/playing card from dummy in bridge

When is a card considered played when it is played from dummy in social rubber bridge?? Is it when first touched, when it is pulled into play area, or when it is released?

Played Card -

This rule applies to any form of Bridge - Socail, Tournament, and Duplicate

When the declarer touches a card in the dummy hand, it is considered played (except when he is merely arranging the dummies cards). Alternatively, the declarer may name a card in the dummy and such a card must be played. A defender plays a card when he exposes it so that the other defender can see its face. A card once played may not be withdrawn, except to correct a revoke or other irregularity.

Bridge & other card games

Joe Andrews

I can answer questions about most card games . These games include Bridge, Hearts, Spades, Euchre, Canasta, Whist, Pinochle, Cribbage, and Rummy.

I was the organizer director of Grand Prix World Series of Card games. (1999 - 2011) I have written 5 books about card games. (Spades, Hearts, Euchre, Whist, and Barbu. ) I invented a new card game called "Heartswitch" (US Games, Inc.) I am developing four more card games. I am also a consultant for the US Playing Card Company. My Web site is:

GAMES Magazine (8 Artciles) , Microsoft Gaming Zone, Popular Bridge

I have a Bachelor's Degree in History.

US Playing Card Company