Bridge & other card games/misdeals

At the last trick, I had a 6 of spades left over. ( It was not inown if this was the fourth card of a trick, or a misdeal.  The contract was awarded.  I contested, as one does not know how this card could have affected the play. What is the official rule?

Since the play of the hand has begun (and been almost completed) there is no misdeal unless the deal contained more than 52 cards. The deal stands as correct.

You should check the played tricks to determine if one has too few cards. However, it is too late to change the ownership of the defective trick or the outcome of the deal.

Bridge & other card games

I can answer questions on bidding and on cardplay with the caveat that the former may necessarily involve some subjectivity. I have been playing tournament bridge for over 20 years and I have won several regional tournaments.