Bridge & other card games/bridge rules revoke

I know what happens when the revoke is discovered at the time of the revoke.  What happens after the next trick is played?

In the game of Bridge, or fot thay measure, any similar trick taking game (eg. Spades, Whist, etc.) the Ruling for a Revoke is very clear....

A revoke may be corrected (correct card substituted) without trick penalty before any player of the offending side plays to the next trick; otherwise, it becomes established. If a revoke is corrected, the exposed card becomes a penalty card and the opponents may change their played cards as they see fit (however, the revoking side may not take advantage of those seen cards—see Alcatraz coup). When a revoke is established, in general, one of subsequent tricks won by the offending side is transferred to the opponents. If the revoke card has won the trick, that trick is transferred too. (If the offending side did not win any subsequent tricks, no penalty is assessed). Additional tricks can be transferred if the revoke has caused more damage to the opponents than was redressed by those penalties.

If the revoke is not immediately corrected, there is no difference in penalties based on the person who establishes the revoke. It makes no difference whether the mistake was intentional or unintentional

Bridge & other card games

Joe Andrews

I can answer questions about most card games . These games include Bridge, Hearts, Spades, Euchre, Canasta, Whist, Pinochle, Cribbage, and Rummy.

I was the organizer director of Grand Prix World Series of Card games. (1999 - 2011) I have written 5 books about card games. (Spades, Hearts, Euchre, Whist, and Barbu. ) I invented a new card game called "Heartswitch" (US Games, Inc.) I am developing four more card games. I am also a consultant for the US Playing Card Company. My Web site is:

GAMES Magazine (8 Artciles) , Microsoft Gaming Zone, Popular Bridge

I have a Bachelor's Degree in History.

US Playing Card Company