Bridge & other card games/Bridge

Question
QUESTION: Consider a responding bid of 2 hearts to an opening bid by his partner of 1 heart.  The responding partner has only 5 points but 5 hearts.  The bidding has progressed to 3 hearts by opening partner and pass by responding partner. The contract was 3 hearts and the game turned out we went down 1 but opening partner insisted I should still have gone to 4 hearts instead of passing.  What do you think?

Thank you.

Stewart Fluney

ANSWER: Hi,

Unlikely that you should bid 4H but it is impossible to say without knowing exactly what your whole hand is.

QUESTION: Sorry.  The hand of 5 points was K. Q, 10, 9, 7 hearts.  What do you think>

Stewart Fluney

Answer

I still do not know the distribution of the other suits.

If there is no singleton or void then definitely pass.

If the distribution is 5-5-3-0 bid 4H.

If it is 5-4-3-1 you could attempt 4H but it is an aggressive bid. Passing would also be acceptable.

Bridge & other card games

Unhunk