Bridge & other card games/Bridge

Question
I was playing a 5 spade contract. Trumps were drawn and only I as declarer had trump. I was playing clucks from dummy- 4 in all- AKQJ and I had 3. I also had 5 diamonds on the board and 4 in my hand. I accidentally played a diamond to the 3rd trick instead of a club and a club to the 4 th trick. The defenders could not take any of these tricks. I then played the AK of diamonds for no losers. The revoke was established but the defenders were not injured as they could not take any tricks. Is there a penalty.

Answer

Unfortunately, once the revoke has been established Law 64 applies. In your case

If the offender's partner won the trick on which the revoke occurred, that trick is transferred to the non-offending side and if the offending player himself won a subsequent trick with a card that could legally have been played to the revoke trick one additional trick (but no more) is transferred to the non-offending side.

Since you did not win a subsequent trick with a card that could legally have been played to the revoke trick (a low club), the penalty is one trick.  

Bridge & other card games

Unhunk