Britain/United Kingdom/England/Importing pets from Canada

Question
I am moving from Canada to England and am having an incredibly hard time finding steady, consistent information on shipping pet rats and reptiles; namely two sister fancy rats and a spotted python. Can anyone direct me to or fill me in with the correct necessary information please?

Answer
http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/contacts/

and

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/contacts/wildlife-pets-qa/

will be able to give you the definitive answer, as that is the relevant UK Government department.

A quick read seems to imply that as they're not EU based, you may have difficulties.

Alun Hill

Britain/United Kingdom/England

Alun Hill MCIJ