Britain/United Kingdom/England/heathrow transport

Question
hello: i need to find the best taxi service at reasonable price between heathrow and a gatwick airport hotel.thanks

Answer
The cheapest trip from Heathrow to Gatwick is a National Express bus.  However, you would then have to get to your hotel.  Just an ordinary black taxi could be your best bet, but I would probably contact a private carrier such as London Airport Transfers (Google them).

First, contact your hotel and see if they offer a transfer.  If not, ask their advice. They may offer to reserve a taxi or private car but remember that sometimes there is a kickback fee and you might do better making your own reservation.

Sadly there has never been a really good answer to the Heathrow/Gatwick transfer.  It can take forever and there is no real bargain.  I said the National Express was cheapest, but somebody could take the tube to central London and then the Gatwick Express and you still must then get to your hotel.

Ed

Britain/United Kingdom/England

Emoor