Britain/United Kingdom/England/lhr to dublin by train

I may be flying into LHR airport and need to get to Dublin.
What rail service is best to use?  Can I buy a ticket the same day?  How much is it?
Are there other options besides flying?

You can take the train and ferry (Dublin is in Ireland, which is a separate country off of the UK coast) option

The single fare, bookable on the day, is around 38 (around 46 Euros).

The only realsitic way to do it is on the 0900 train (actual departure time varies by day), arriving in Dublin at around 1725.

However, you also need to get from London Heathrow to Euston rail station in central London, so from landing, you would need to allow around 3 hours.

There are flights all day form LHR to Dublin, so you may want to do that - flying timne is around an hour - and an add-on to your flight ticket will be very low.

You can also fly internationally to Dublin or nearby Cork, from many of the world's major Airports.

Does that help so far, please?

Alyun Huill

Britain/United Kingdom/England

Alun Hill MCIJ

As a full time, UK based, travel journalist, I travel almost constantly around the whole of the UK, searching out restaurants, hotels and "must see" places. Visitors for both business and pleasure are welcome to ask questions. I almost always travel by public transport, so questions on rail, air and coach / bus travel are also very welcome. I also regularly write about and use the "Eurostar" rail service between London and Continental Europe - which uses a tunnel under the English Channel - so I am able to help with any questions there, too.

I'm a full time, UK based, travel journalist. I travel almost constantly around the whole of the UK, searching out restaurants, hotels and "must see" places for my readers. I have been writing about, filming and reporting from UK tourism destinations for over 12 years. I cover both "business" and "pleasure" trips for my readers.

I am a member of the "Chartered Institute of Journalists" (the world's oldest professional body for journalists), the "British Association of Journalists" and "The International Travel Writers Alliance". I hold a full UK Press Card, issued by the Metropolitan Police at Scotland Yard, London.

National and local press in UK. Local and National TV in the UK and Europe (Germany, Hungary), reporting on travel and tourism in the UK.