British History/19th Century Clothing Question

Cassidy wrote at 2010-02-05 01:32:46
I don't think this is Dr Forrest - he was born in 1804.  Judging by the height of the collar and the wig, I would say that the portrait is from the 1790s.

I also looked up Macintosh, and agree that this isn't him.  It seems likely that he is Rodger (assuming he has a birth date around the 1760s or so), or else that he isn't any of the people named in the will.

Yours,

Cassidy Percoco,

Student of fashion history

John Horrocks wrote at 2015-07-27 02:38:01
If General Macintosh,it is a portrait of him as a very young man. I have photographs of him in later life  - he was the sister of m great-great-great-great grandmother. I do not have any portarit of his father Charles Macintosh, though as  FRS there may be one in Glasgow. Our family hold a collection of his letters, as well as his biography written by another son.

British History

Joseph Logue